Thursday, June 26, 2008
Camping @ PRPC and Kayaking on the Manistee
Let's just say this past weekend was not much fun for Ryan or myself. I packed everything up during the day while Eric was at work. That was a lot of work for being 25 weeks pregnant. And we have a lot of stuff!! I was tired the entire weekend from packing/unpacking and staying up late. Kayaking on the Manistee river was an adventure in itself. I got tipped out of my kayak within 5 minutes of entering the river. The current was so strong MC and I were drug down the river a good ways being bashed by trees and rocks. Somehow we were able to climb up onto a tree and gather our composure (I was hyperventilating between crying and sobbing). To date I think that was one of the scariest moments of my life (Although the elevator ride at The Town Center always ranks pretty high). I have no idea how far I went, what I hit or really how any of it happened. I was scared to death thinking only of Ryan and if I was going to drown or not. I was told Eric had a hold of me for some time but I never even knew it. After that I really just wanted to get out of the river and be held by Eric. I just wanted to feel safe (on land). But we still had about a 4 hour adventure to finish. The rest of the river was uneventful and it got better as we went. After that I just wanted to go home, I wasnt really in the mood for joking and stories. At least the rain cooperated with us and we weren't drenched all weekend. Plus I got to eat all the hot dogs my little heart desired (I think in the whole weekend I had 4 or 5). In all the trip was not worth it to me but at least it's a story to tell. When Ryan is old enough to go camping we can tell him what he survived in the womb.
